Re: YUI upgrades (and Python upgrades)

On 01/24/2011 02:01 PM, Gary Poster wrote:
> Hi Robert.  The people with more YUI 3 experience on my team have warned me that jumps from one "big" version of YUI to the next--say, 3.1 to 3.2--can be very disruptive.  They compared them to Python major dot releases.

I think it's important to point out here that all the things around
lazr-js are really what make YUI upgrades so hard.  Since Launchpad uses
lazr-js to get their YUI, that's usually where the problem is.  There
was one major backwards incompatible change between 3.0 and 3.1 (Y.get
deprecated for Y.one), and that's the only big thing.

I haven't had time to break up lazr-js just yet, but I'd like to get to
it soon, specifically for the Launchpad team.  I've talked with Deryck
at length about this, so he knows it's coming as well.

Cheers,
Paul