Re: Implementation notes about fixing bug 700724

On 25 January 2011 17:15, Curtis Hovey <curtis.hovey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There could be two kinds of open teams: OPEN and DELEGATED. (Maybe change
> OPEN to PERMISSIVE). They encourage membership to build communities. The
> DELEGATED team reviews who is a direct member to manage the community
> hierarchy. OPEN has no structure.

I really like the "Delegated" name. I'm not sure I see any benefit in
changing "Open" to "Permissive". "Open" is already well known and I
think it's a pretty good description.

> I do not believe this issue is about adding an exception for ~locoteams or
> changing security to an ad hoc team declaration. We can validation the
> community need by asking if other large communities need a DELEGATED policy
> to organise their hierarchy.

We could put up a short survey to get a rough idea of what people
think. I'd be happy to talk in detail to people from some of those
larger communities too.

--
Matthew Revell -- https://launchpad.net/~matthew.revell
Launchpad.net -- cross-project collaboration and hosting