Re: Adopting loggerhead

On 01/27/2011 03:20 PM, Robert Collins wrote:
> While we could take a very narrow view on this and just focus on the
> branch that Launchpad runs, However, after some fairly lengthy
> discussions, we are going to adopt Loggerhead as a project, in much
> the same way that the Launchpad team looks after the lazr-* stack of
> projects

	This is great to hear. :-)

	Also, everything else you said: awesome. :-)

	Except:

>  - To enable this, we're going to put the work on trunk which isn't
> yet deployable in Launchpad into a new 'future' branch, and reset
> trunk back to 1.18

	I think the fact that jam has done nearly all the work required to
stabilize trunk in a single day proves that this is unnecessary.

	It seems likely that creating that "future" branch means it will never
be looked at, and instead of adopting the sweeping architectural changes
which fix most of loggerhead's problems, you will waste time re-fixing
all of that piecemeal with a poorer architecture.

	I do understand the value of your plan, though. Perhaps the best
solution would be to give jam some time to see what he can do, and then
make the decision after that.

	-Max
--
http://www.bugzillasource.com/
Competent, Friendly Bugzilla, Perl, and IT Services