Re: Adopting loggerhead

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Max Kanat-Alexander
<mkanat@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>  - To enable this, we're going to put the work on trunk which isn't
>> yet deployable in Launchpad into a new 'future' branch, and reset
>> trunk back to 1.18
>
>        I think the fact that jam has done nearly all the work required to
> stabilize trunk in a single day proves that this is unnecessary.
>
>        It seems likely that creating that "future" branch means it will never
> be looked at, and instead of adopting the sweeping architectural changes
> which fix most of loggerhead's problems, you will waste time re-fixing
> all of that piecemeal with a poorer architecture.
>
>        I do understand the value of your plan, though. Perhaps the best
> solution would be to give jam some time to see what he can do, and then
> make the decision after that.

John has some time from Martin to do just that; if/when he is
successful, his work can be merged into the consolidated trunk,
released & deployed - nothing is meant to prevent that; merely not to
make doing that a high stress zomg urgency thing required to unblock
bugfixes and maintenance.

-Rob