Re: Third party JavaScript parts + skinning (No bikeshed, real question)

On February 11, 2011, Brad Crittenden wrote:
> On a related topic, the new widget I've added needs to have a new skin
> created to match Launchpad's style.  I understand the YUI2 calendar widget
> we use was "re-skinned" by editing the default "sam" skin in place, which
> was expedient but not really skinning and may present maintenance issues
> if the widget were being actively developed.  I'd like to create a 'lp'
> skin for the new widget as it looks straightforward unless there is a good
> reason not to.

In principle that sounds nice, but in practice there might be problems. There
were at least in the past, which made us do it that way.

Sam is the skin we are customizing for all YUI widgets. I'm not sure getting a
specific widget to use a different skin is implemented at all (or if
implemented, tested and working).

I'd suggest you try it out, but if takes you more than 30 minutes to get it
working, assume it's not and go with adding sam stylesheets CSS.

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx