Re: performance tuesday - Reference vs Int columns

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 12:20 AM, Julian Edwards
<julian.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I did read below but I'm not sure of the significance (if any) of this being
> an SQLObject-style model class.

There is no significance - SQLObject style classes are no worse (or
better) than raw storm ones. As Gavin says the columnID convention was
SQLObject magic which was reimplemented for the storm migration.

> Does the same thing happen with Storm-style ones, and we'd need to reference
> bugtask.distribution_id ?

Absolutely. Basically the default for comparisons should be the _id or
ID field, only actual deferencing should use the ReferenceColumn
attribute.

> While I'm thinking about it, why do we have this inconsistency between
> field_id and fieldID for Storm vs SQLObject?

Storm wasn't built to be a SQLObject replacement, so its idioms and
documentation are different.

-Rob