Re: performance tuesday - Reference vs Int columns

On 23 February 2011 11:20, Julian Edwards <julian.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does the same thing happen with Storm-style ones, and we'd need to reference
> bugtask.distribution_id ?

Yes.

> While I'm thinking about it, why do we have this inconsistency between
> field_id and fieldID for Storm vs SQLObject?

The culprit is LaunchpadStyle in lib/canonical/database/sqlbase.py,
though it's that way out of necessity to avoid making the Storm
migration into a million-line diff (I think; jamesh will know if it's
important).

See lp:~allenap/launchpad/storm-style-ids for one approach to migrate
the SQLBase classes to our current naming standards. Or, diff here:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/571103/

It doesn't actually get us away from the SQLObject shim, it's just a
way to migrate towards consistent naming. My intention is just to move
the job a little further along, making the task of actually removing
the shim less diff-noisy.

Gavin.