"ec2 land" broken

I seem to have broken "ec2 land" by generating a new EC2 AMI. As far as I can tell right now, "ec2 test" still seems to work.

We're still trying to figure out what exactly the problem is; for now you should be able to work around it by landing manually (after testing, of course!) using "bzr pqm-submit."

As for the failure, one thing we know is the virtual machine fails to set up with an error

ImportError: No module named pqm.pqm_submit

I'm told that I _should_ be able to do what the code does:

from bzrlib.plugins.pqm import pqm_submit

…but this won't work, either in the VM or on my own machine, unless I add /usr/share/pyshare to the PYTHONPATH.

The problem may be something to do with the image's sources.list not looking the way it's made to look in lib/devscripts/ec2test/instance.py. It has no mention of the Launchpad PPA:

deb http://us-east-1.ec2.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ lucid main universe
deb-src http://us-east-1.ec2.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ lucid main universe
deb http://us-east-1.ec2.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ lucid-updates main universe deb-src http://us-east-1.ec2.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ lucid-updates main universe
deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu lucid-security main universe
deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu lucid-security main universe

There's also an identical /etc/apt/sources.liste [sic] and as far as I can make out, all the commands surrounding those that manipulate the sources.list have run (and note that the shell has -e set). So it looks as if the sources.list gets overwritten somehow.

Any ideas about how that could happen, anyone?

Jeroen

Follow ups