Re: Retargeting bug task permissions

Hi Gavin, Deryck.

On Thu, 2011-03-03 at 17:08 +0200, Deryck Hodge wrote:
> > Do you know what the issues are with deleting bugtasks?
> >
> > Although I agree that the restriction approach might be the most
> > expedient solution, I do think it's non trivial. It also feels a
> > little like procrastination instead of fixing the "big" problem of
> > bugtask deletion.
> >

> FWIW, I also think bugtask deletion is the right way forward.  It's
> the real bug.  I'm not sure it's more work.  I think it's 6 in on
> hand, half dozen in the other, as users of cliches say.  Adding
> restrictions has hidden complexity and tends to lead to newer bugs
> being filed.  So in the long run it's definitely more work.

Thank you both. I will put more thought to deleting bugtasks. I wrote
the code to do that. We can do it, but it is only used when a series is
delete because you cannot have two bugtasks for the same project. The
user's right to delete a series trumps the target-to-series rule.

I pondered the consequences of making this an explicit action. Several
issues needed addressing:
     1. Who can delete a bugtask? (I think we know this)
     2. In the case of project groups or nested projects, I think I do
        want to retarget.
     3. what is the work-flow to say this is not a bug in Lp, it is in
        Ubuntu?
     4. What does the user do if this is the last bugtask?
     5. Do we need an email command?
     6. Can there be a collision for delete and retarget

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/