Re: Packaging permissions redux

On Wed, 2011-03-09 at 10:26 -0500, Francis J. Lacoste wrote:
> On the other hand, what about a malicious user removing packaging link
> on
> Ubuntu main packages?

A malicious user may have done that and someone else just relinked it.
Removing a link will remove the display of reciprocal information about
the package and project. Both package and project will then suggest the
reciprocal link.

We do not know if this is an issue. Users have never reported this has
happened, and there is no way to audit this. Packaging links are never
modified. They are created and destroyed. We know who created each. No
one noticed when I removed 1000 bad packaging link 13 months ago, but
they were not prominent in the UI either.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/