Re: performance tuesday - bug search timeouts, timeouts, and with queries

On 15 March 2011 21:09, Robert Collins <robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I still see quite a lot of variability in response time from one api
>> request to the next.
>
> If the the apis are the same method (perhaps on different bugs), then
> much of the variation will be in-dc (or in-internet) latency. If they
> are differnet apis - well, the performance of different api calls can
> be wildly different.

The former, of course.  :-)  I have not tried to determine whether
it's server side or internet latency; measuring from a shell account
on a Canonical dc machine would probably help.

(It would be slightly interesting to get the processing time and query
count sent back in an http header, as is done for web pages.)

Martin