Re: Fwd: Kernel team scripts ...

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 12:33:34 +0000, Jonathan Lange <jml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If you are interested in bug workflow, or in the Launchpad API, you
> should take a look at these scripts. They represent things that people
> need to do with Launchpad, and it's always good to know that. Also,
> there are probably ways to make them faster that are obvious to folk
> familiar with Launchpad's internals. If you make the scripts faster,
> you make the Kernel team more productive and thus make my network
> driver less likely to crash.

I can see two things that would help, one from LP, and one from lpltk:

  1) Adding a CVE search API call (substring match on display_name)
     - the cve script has a part that is currently O(num CVEs)

  2) Don't save the tag list after every tag addition, batch them until
     the end.
     - This would save num_tags-1 round trips in each script

Thanks,

James