Re: bug notifications database utilization

On March 25, 2011, Ian Booth wrote:
> 2. Why do some calls to sendmail() take so long to complete. And given
> they do, what can be done about it.

Within data-centre sendmail is still doing some form of spam-prevention
checking (not spamassassin) but DNS checks and such. We have found similar
issues with email sending from app servers, and there are no plans to change
this. (Ideally, we'd like to move to asynchronous email sending but there are
bugs to fix before we can re-enable the default ZopeQueuedEmailRunner.) And
that wouldn't really help with email sending from scripts.

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx