Re: brainstorm: cheaper API collection iteration

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Robert Collins
<robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 9:58 AM, Benji York <benji.york@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Indeed, we can't be sure because we haven't built it yet, but I'm
>> hopeful that we'll find a way.
>>
>> For example, 1 million bug URIs is 47 megabytes.  Gzipped they take up
>> 2.5 meg.  If that's any indication, we might be able to avoid batching
>> set membership altogether.
>
> oh, its duration thats a problem: doing straight sql to bring all
> distro bugtasks back : 155194.069 ms

Ah!  Gotcha.  I wonder if there's anything creative we can do on that
front.  After all if the user really wants all 15 seconds worth of data
they'll get it eventually (spending more overhead than one request would
entail too).
--
Benji York