Re: revamping 'monthly releases', and reminder to qa db patches

On 30 March 2011 21:11, Jonathan Lange <jml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 10:16 AM, Martin Pool <mbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> One consequence will be that Launchpad's communication about features
>> will need to change to be "we now have X" rather than "Launchpad 11.04
>> has X, Y, Z".  I think that will be more exciting, and more
>> understandable.  But it may take some minor changes in how things get
>> published.
>
> Where do we do this now?

Now I look at it, we don't do it nearly as much as we used to!  I had
been mentally blanking out the announcements and hadn't noticed they'd
stopped quite a while ago.  Excuse me.

There is still a bit of "in this cycle" or "in the next release" which
I still think is a cypher to most people outside of Launchpad
development, so if that changes to "soon", all the better.

It's funny looking back through launchpad-announce which is basically
now launchpad-downtime-announce.  It's nice when people post good news
to launchpadstatus rather than it just being a litany of failure on eg
<http://twitter.com/#!/launchpadstatus>.  About half the blog posts
are downtime announcements too, which looks a bit heavy when you page
back through history.

Martin