Launchpad Javascript and Windmill tests - back working again

Hi folks

There's been some work done to get our Javascript and Windmill tests
working again. It's been a bit of an adventure. I just wanted to
highlight an issue with two recently added Javascript tests. The
template test module on https://dev.launchpad.net/JavascriptUnitTesting
was missing a key block of code:

var handle_complete = function(data) {
    status_node = Y.Node.create(
        '<p id="complete">Test status: complete</p>');
    Y.one('body').appendChild(status_node);
    };
Y.Test.Runner.on('complete', handle_complete);

This code creates a "Test status: complete" node on the page when the
test runner finishes. The Windmill harness looks for this node and then
processes the test results. If you run the tests manually in a browser,
everything looks ok. However, without the above code, when invoked as
part of our test run, the test appears to fail with a Windmill
waits.forElement timeout, even if the tests have all passed.

Another focus has been to make our Windmill tests compatible with
Firefox 4. That's almost but not quite complete. There's still a couple
of tests which fail due to onkeyup event handlers not being invoked
properly (even though it all works fine when done manually outside
Windmill). I'm not sure at the moment how to diagnose and solve this one.

Deryck has also made a change to the Windmill layer teardown to reset
the default docket timeout.

Given we still test with ff3, the branch has passed through ec2 and is
now merged into devel. This means that Windmill and Javascript tests are
now turned on again and we need to pay attention to keep these tests in
good working order (and continue writing new tests!).

Follow ups