Re: Launchpad Javascript and Windmill tests - back working again

Hi Ian.

On Wed, 2011-04-06 at 09:02 +1000, Ian Booth wrote:
> There's been some work done to get our Javascript and Windmill tests
> working again. It's been a bit of an adventure. I just wanted to
> highlight an issue with two recently added Javascript tests. The
> template test module on
> https://dev.launchpad.net/JavascriptUnitTesting
> was missing a key block of code:
>
> var handle_complete = function(data) {
>     status_node = Y.Node.create(
>         '<p id="complete">Test status: complete</p>');
>     Y.one('body').appendChild(status_node);
>     };
> Y.Test.Runner.on('complete', handle_complete);
>
> This code creates a "Test status: complete" node on the page when the
> test runner finishes. The Windmill harness looks for this node and
> then
> processes the test results. If you run the tests manually in a
> browser,
> everything looks ok. However, without the above code, when invoked as
> part of our test run, the test appears to fail with a Windmill
> waits.forElement timeout, even if the tests have all passed.

I apologise for not updating the article. I wrote the initial article,
then about about a year later I wrote the YUI-Windmill test integration.
I neglected to revisit the article; I had forgotten about it. At the
time, I felt like I was the only person determined to never write a
windmill test again.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/