AJAX log

Hello Launchpad,

As part of the work to expose areas where Launchpad is slow I recently
added a log of AJAX events and their times. You can see this log next to
the logout button, titled 'AJAX Log'.

If you open the log you'll get a summary of each event; the time taken,
the status code and a link to OOPS if there was one. I plan to add the
URL of the AJAX event once that information becomes available.

This log automatically captures AJAX events so you do not need to do
anything to make it work with your existing or future AJAX code.

The aim is to have all AJAX events take a maximum time of one second. At
the moment quite a few of our AJAX requests are already under this
threshold, but our roundtrips and larger queries can sometimes be
significantly higher.

The log is there to help us notice when our requests are slow. So keep
an eye out as you're using Launchpad and get to fixing!

Cheers,

Huw

Follow ups