Re: decoupling bugmessage and message in the schema

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Graham Binns <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For what my it's-nearly-3-am-and-I'm-still-awake-godsdamnit opinion is
> worth, I can't think of any. I don't think we can realistically
> consider massive improvements to the bug page - especially in edge
> cases like bug 1 - without doing something about BugMessage->Message.

Cool

> Incidentally, would such a change help with the problems seen with
> Bug._indexed_message() (e.g. Bug 744888)? I'm assuming so, but see
> above under reasons for impaired mental acuity on my part.

No, because the problem is that 'snapshot' is gathering *all* messages
for the bug ever, which is unnecessary. We just need to include in the
object changed event any new message as a specific attribute, rather
than trying to infer it automatically: much more efficient, easier to
understand, and without any performance problems.

_Rob