Re: 9 second hard timeout (no new timeout bugs)

On April 20, 2011, Robert Collins wrote:
> Of course, we have some really hard pages to fix, and many more that
> timeout only a few times a day, but we've fixed enough pages to be
> managably down to a 9 second cap.

Wow, that's awesome news!

We should stop and congratulate ourselves. Next time you speak to a colleague
in the team, take a brief time together to appreciate the fact that our hard
timeout is 9s! When was the last time we meet an objective two months in
advance? And that's thanks to our focused effort on improving performance and
fixing timeouts!

We can now take our focus back on driving that critical list down :-)

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx