Launchpad client library for Go (was Fwd: Bootstrap of lpad is live)

<http://goneat.org/lp/lpad>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gustavo Niemeyer <gustavo.niemeyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, May 10, 2011 at 3:35 PM
Subject: Bootstrap of lpad is live
To: Ensemble <ensemble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The bootstrap of lpad is live.  lpad is the Launchpad client library
for Go which we'll be using in the repository server side to authenticate
and talk to Launchpad about the data the Ensemble repository will
need for providing its services.

lpad is based on a two-layered design.  The top layer offers a static
API which allows a more comfortable interaction with the API with
static checks, better documentation, and more.  The bottom layer
is fully dynamic and enables the developer to access all the
features of Launchpad, even those not supported by the top static
layer.

While there's still quite a bit to do, in depth terms the library is
complete.  The initial branch is available at:

     bzr branch lp:lpad

and the full API documentation is already up and synchronizing automatically at:

     http://goneat.org/lp/lpadL

As expected, the library is also well tested, including integration
tests which communicate with the real production servers.

Here is a trivial example demonstrating its use:

     root, err := lpad.Login(lpad.Production, &lpad.ConsoleOAuth{})
     check(err)
     me, err := root.Me()
     check(err)
     fmt.Println(me.DisplayName())

I'll continue evolving the library a bit more until the needs of the
repository are covered, which shouldn't take too long.

Please check it out and see what you think.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net