Launchpad persona in Launchpad

Hi,

This is something I run into from time to time: some component of Launchpad needs to do things in Launchpad that previously only humans and teams could do. The component needs to be an owner of something, or enter a comment in a conversation, or commit to a bzr branch etc.

What we've done so far is create accounts for these components more or less ad hoc. Sometimes this is helpful because the persona will be specific to the component it represents — e.g. launchpad-pqm — but mainly it's a pain.

Should we have a single celebrity user identity for "Launchpad itself" that we can reach for in these situations?

I suspect there'd be plenty of room for abuse and UI weirdness, so we'd want to think about how and whether and when to use something like this. Any ideas? Do we want a thing like this?

Jeroen

Follow ups