Re: Launchpad persona in Launchpad

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 10:09 AM, Jeroen Vermeulen <jtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Should we have a single celebrity user identity for "Launchpad itself" that
> we can reach for in these situations?

I think the same capability (of having an account used by a non-human
to read and write to launchpad) is needed by plenty of people outside
of launchpad (anyone using Tarmac), so a single celebrity user sounds
like a solution that would not solve this problem for everyone.

> I suspect there'd be plenty of room for abuse and UI weirdness, so we'd want
> to think about how and whether and when to use something like this.  Any
> ideas?  Do we want a thing like this?

I definitely see the need for non-humans to be able to read/write to
launchpad. It's unclear to me whether this is best modeled as a full
blown Person/Account or whether extending the auth token system is the
way to go.

--
Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/