Re: contacting LOSAs for staging being down

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 4:30 AM, Gary Poster <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The full restore on the 21st shows this "FATAL" problem, but other restores (such as on the 23rd) do not.  The comment seems to imply that it might be OK for this to fail?  In any case, since other recent restores don't have this message, it is probably unrelated.
>
> # Uninstall Slony-I if it is installed - a pg_dump of a DB with
> # Slony-I installed isn't usable without this step.
> LPCONFIG=staging-setup  ./repair-restored-db.py
> /tmp/slonik_qCFRY.sk:3: FATAL:  database "dbname=lpmain_staging_new" does not exist
> 2011-05-21 18:32:14 ERROR   slonik script failed

The slonik script failed, but the next line says the fallback mode is
being used. There is an issue here (that FATAL error message is odd -
I think slonik is being fed incorrect connection parameters in
repair-restored-db.py), but the repair-restored-db.py script completed
successfully.

The full restore from the 21st appears to have completed just fine, as
did the restore on 23rd.

I don't know why the code isn't being updated. I do notice a two day
gap in db-stable between r10578 and r10579, but that wouldn't account
for why we are still on r10574.

postgres@sourcherry:/srv/staging.launchpad.net/staging/launchpad$ bzr revno
10574

--