Workaround field to bug reports

Hi everybody,

in the last UDS in Budapest we spoke as usual about increasing the community involvement
in QA activities. During the brainstorm we spoke about bug's workarounds and how much
they could change the user perception with the quality.

I really liked this idea so, after chatting with few QA people between sessions, I
decided to write down a spec for it. (1) I'm a community leader and I can testify that
simple bitesize tasks like this really make the different with the community
involvement.

After drafting the blueprint I was pointed to the following bug which was proposed back
in 2006

https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/54652

I agree with some comments that, at the end, having the workaround in the description is
technically quite the same thing but it's not the same user experience for a new ubuntu
user reporting its first bug. A separate workaround field would be easier to be
recognized and founded with searches.

Actually the ubuntu community is moving faster, we want 200M users in 4 years, do you
guys think that could make sense to review the priority of this feature request?

(1) https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugsKnownWorkAround

Thanks in advance.
--
Paolo Sammicheli