Re: RFC: Is readonly mode fixable, or should we ditch it entirely?

On 2011-06-14 16:18, Robert Collins wrote:

I think we'd want to constraint it like so:
  - never land a schema change that requires a python code change.
  - never land python code dependent on a non-deployed schema change.
  - with the exception being when something is just genuinely Too Hard
to do with migrations and we decide we have to do a hybrid deploy with
everything getting bounced&  deployed to.

I'd vastly prefer an automated safety net over humans watching dependencies with one eye and deployments with the other. But we don't need to go into implementation details now, I'm sure; I believe it can be done quickly without too much work and that we can eliminate more friction later as needed.

Jeroen