Re: modelling our queuing needs - HA analysis

On Jun 21, 2011, at 9:14 AM, Robert Collins wrote:

> So we kindof got into an analysis paralysis situation with Rabbit and
> persistence. Specifically we don't know how much HA we need, or when
> we need it. This makes it hard to say that rabbit is/isn't HA enough
> for us.
>
> http://zguide.zeromq.org/page:all is well worth reading - irrespective
> of our choices, its got a very well reasoned layout of many issues and
> antipatterns that can happen.

I enjoyed what I read so far of the zeromq page.  I'll hope to come back to it later.  The oddest thing I saw so far was the consumer PULL effectively taking all available messages from a producer PUSH, as fas as I could tell, rather than being able to specify to only take "as much as you can chew right now" or something.  Maybe that's addressed later in the document.

Has the Rabbit-on-top-of-0MQ code been mentioned here?  I haven't seen it discussed, but I might have missed it.

https://github.com/rabbitmq/rmq-0mq/wiki/

The "Known limitations" discussed at the bottom of that page look serious, but it also looks like this is early days for the integration project.

Gary