Re: [RFC] LEP: Build from branch into archive

On Tue, 2011-06-21 at 19:02 +0200, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> If you're manually updating the changelog anyway, is there any reason
> you aren't merging in the upstream branch at the same time? That way
> you also don't risk building with the wrong upstream source, and you
> can easily test building your package locally.

I certainly can do that. I had not thought to do that since that is an
extra step to merging the release into each packaging branch, the LTS,
stable, and development. I might switch to that.

Most of my projects were stepup as bzr-builder recipes before Lp had
recipes. It takes but a second to run each repo's script to build the
branches for development (which I am on). I like Lp's recipes because it
it easier to build LTS and Stable at the same time.
--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/