Re: [rfc] more branch content in the main ui / loggerhead service

On 27 June 2011 21:20, Robert Collins <robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> tl;dr:
> +1 on browser using json through apache on the main launchpad domains
> (e.g. https://launchpad.net) and having apache proxypass those
> specific requests to loggerhead.
>
> -0 on the zope appserver stack requesting json from loggerhead inside
> the page render process [a +1 is subject to either a parallelising
> render (which is many months away) or loggerhead having a 99th
> percentile under 1 second, with none over 5 seconds].

I agree.  I should have made it more clear we thought about the second
option but decided not to do it for now, for just this reason.

Even doing the browser-driven requests may make loggerhead timeouts
more obvious, if it leads to people using those features more.  We can
alleviate that by using only requests we reasonably expect will be
reliable, and by putting this data under expanders so it's only
fetched when it's wanted.

Martin