Re: Important: YUI repackaging (action required)

On 01/07/11 21:31, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> On 11-07-01 12:57 AM, Ian Booth wrote:
>> Hi Folks
>
>> YUI is being pulled out of lazr-js and packaged separately in a tarball
>> in the download-cache. The currect version we use is 3.3 so the tarball
>> is called yui-3.3.tar.gz. This has already landed in download-cache.
>
>> If you use rocketfuel-get, you shouldn't need to take any action since
>> it has been updated to create the required directory and symlink. If you
>> don't, read on.....
>
> Could you please add this to the makefile instead of rocketfuel-get?
>
> Aaron

I based the instructions on the case where download-cache, eggs, and yui
are symlinks in the working tree, pointing to corresponding directories
in the lp-sourcedeps area which is outside the working tree. This is
what rocketfuel-get and link-external-sourcecode assume.

In the case where the steps above are not taken, the Makefile will "do
the right thing" in that case also. It will simply create a "yui"
directory at the top of your working tree, next to your existing
"download-cache" and "eggs" directories. If you have more than one
working tree that you use, this approach will result in multiple copies
of yui/eggs etc being unpacked, however things will still work fine.