Re: ec2 seems horked (html5browser not importable)

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 9:02 PM, Curtis Hovey <curtis@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-07-05 at 09:18 +1000, Ian Booth wrote:
>>
>> Ah sorry. The seg fault happens when I run the yui tests inside a 32
>> bit
>> LXC container on a 64 bit OS. I misremembered the exact setup which
>> causes the issue.
>
> Does the LXC use the 64bit libs? html5browser is using a heuristic rule
> to decide if the calls must be in a subprocess:
>    if arch == '64bit' and dist in ('natty', 'oneiric'):
> I can image this will fail in the container if the libwebkitgtk-*.so is
> actually the 64bit one.

LXC when setup per the page we've been putting together will fake out
the result for arch lookups (the arch binary, uname -a, etc) using
linux32.

> BTW. why a 32bit LXC? Wouldn't a 64bit lucid be more like the production
> env?

*much* smaller memory footprint: as a parallel test aide, this
matters. For any buildbot-like setup we'd want 64 bit containers.

-Rob