Re: Recruiting user testing participants while they're using Launchpad

Hi Matthew,

On Tue, 2011-07-05 at 14:13 +0100, Matthew Revell wrote:
> Here's how I imagine it'd work. Let's say we're adding an in-line
> commenting feature to diffs in merge proposals. When someone was
> looking at a merge proposal page, we could pop-up a JS overlay that
> invites them to take part in a phone/Skype call. They'd have the
> option to enter their phone number/Skype ID/whatever, or select "Ask
> me another time" or "Never ask me about this again".

While I like the general idea, I think this particular behavior is too
much "spamish". Active popups that show up while you're working asking
you unrelated questions can be really, really annoying. I think that
it'd be better to limit this just to beta testers (or members of an
ad-hoc team). The same is probably true also for IRC. This is just my
point of view, of course.