Re: Etsy graphing using StatsD and Graphite

On 5 July 2011 19:30, Martin Pool <mbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think I (or anyone) can easily change txstatsd to run the tuolumne loader
> as a pipe subprocess. Aside from anything else, statsd gives the apps nice
> isolation from the back end. We could even use two or more at once.

... I meant, two or more backends.  For instance statsd could send
something to a lossy/summarizing rrd-like tool that is suited to
drawing real time graphs, and also to a lossless warehouse that will
record everything for ever, and also to a plain-text log file for
ad-hoc analysis through custom scripts.  I don't know if we'd actually
want to deploy that but it's a neat idea.