Re: story tests - any objects to a single mass conversion to regular pagetests

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Robert Collins
<robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Our story tests are awkward: they *explicitly* want to avoid test
> isolation between each component, but this breaks the test runner
> model. The breakage of the model leads to tests that are parallel
> unsafe, poor interaction with testr and probably other things I can't
> quickly point at.
>
> I was looking at various workarounds but the easiest one is for us just to do
> cat story/* > story.txt; rm -f story
> for each story.
>
> We only have a dozen or so left that this would matter to.
>
> Unless someone has a compelling reason not to (and 'we should migrate
> them to unittests' is interesting but orthogonal :)) - I'll do this
> and land it on friday.

The tests have been merged; the infrastructure nuked from orbit: one
more parallel test limitation has been removed.

Anyone with outstanding work patching a NN-foo.txt file will get conflicts.

To resolve, diff the .BASE and .OTHER (or .THIS) files to get the
patch, and then apply it with massive fuzz to the xx-storyname.txt
file I put in that same directory.

Cheers,
Rob