Re: Launchpad's tone of voice

On Jul 11, 2011, at 12:35 , Matthew Revell wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've updated our user interface wording page [1] to talk about
> Launchpad's tone of voice and to add a short check-list that we can
> use when writing UI text.
>
> Is this page useful? Do you have any suggestions for how I can make it
> more useful?

Thanks for updating this page Matthew -- I find it very helpful.

Is the British spelling requirement new?  I know most of the Launchpad interface currently uses US spelling.  Will you have a massive branch that inserts a lot of superfluous 'u's?  :)

There is mention of specific reviews of text changes.  For a while we were pretty good about doing those.  Have you seen any lately?

If you don't find it to be too rude for those with no access, links to the internal documents would be handy.

> I think it needs more examples, so I'll add some.
>
> 1. https://dev.launchpad.net/UserInterfaceWording

--Brad