Re: RFA: fixing login.launchpad.net

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 7:06 AM, Max Bowsher <_@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> A supplementary problem that should be considered under the heading of
> "fixing login.launchpad.net" is that users who have the misfortune to
> have something go wrong with their SSO account seem to have an
> absolutely horrible experience getting in contact with someone
> responsive who can actually fix things, which is only exacerbated by the
> usual "Launchpad" means of help having to say the SSO is actually not
> Launchpad.
>
> I do understand the marketing reasons for not forcing the Ubuntu brand
> on everyone signing in to Launchpad, but in the eagerness to avoid this,
> another source of pain has been created.
>
> Therefore, I think the thing which needs to be fixed is either the SSO
> team interacting with users better under the aegis of the Launchpad
> branch, or the SSO should stop masquerading as part of Launchpad.

In the last few months we have brought on dedicated support staff for
SSO, and have started using RT to track support requests as they move
between a relying system such as Launchpad or Ubuntu One and the SSO
crew. It will be impossible to make things better.

A really good first step in getting accurate information and solving
any problems that currently exist would be to include the SSO team in
conversations like these.
--
Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/