importing non-trunk branches from git/hg

This is currently bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/380871
but it seems to me that we don't need bzr supporting local colocated
branches to be able to read from a branch in git or hg - we just need
something (e.g. the previously discussed ;branch=NAME url parameter)
to let bzr-git and bzr-hg open a Branch object, and imports should
work fine AIUI.

If my understanding is correct, I'd like to make bug 380871 be about
supporting colocated bzr branch hosting in LP, and move the 'import
from other branches' to a new and much smaller focused bug.

-Rob

Follow ups