Re: RFA: fixing login.launchpad.net

* Max Bowsher <_@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think the biggest thing wrong with login.launchpad.net is
> that it is confusing to users (other than experts aware of
> canonical-identity-provider's mysterious two-headed nature) -
> People don't understand that login.launchpad.net isn't actually
> part of Launchpad.
>
> A supplementary problem that should be considered under the
> heading of "fixing login.launchpad.net" is that users who have
> the misfortune to have something go wrong with their SSO
> account seem to have an absolutely horrible experience getting
> in contact with someone responsive who can actually fix things,
> which is only exacerbated by the usual "Launchpad" means of
> help having to say the SSO is actually not Launchpad.

All of these things are problems, but they're also being worked
on.  The confusion between LP and SSO, plus all the various ways
that data can be mismatched between them, causes all sorts of
user issues.  There are projects under way to fix things though.
Some that I'm aware of are to improve the LP/SSO synchronization,
to fix and prevent the odd ways users find to break the two
systems, to fill support gaps and improve support response, to
give support staff access to fix user issues, to make the user
experience simpler and more consistent, and to detect and fix
issues before users even ask for help.

-- Selene