Re: importing non-trunk branches from git/hg

On Thu, 2011-07-14 at 18:40 -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Jul 15, 2011, at 08:20 AM, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> >I worked on it a little bit with Jelmer. The reason he wants it in core
> >is because he still uses Transport as his base object. And without
> >Transport knowing about ";branch=FOO" (or ",branch=FOO") support, then
> >probing for files under a directory is a bit wonky.
> > eg: path/to/repo,branch=foo/.hg/format
This would be the nicest way to do it, as it would mean support for
colocated branches in the bzr UI, and support for it in Launchpad as
well "for free".

That said, it's been a long time (2 years?) since we first worked on it.
It seems like it should be fairly easy, but figuring out the right
syntax has turned out to be quite tricky (and admittedly, I have not
really followed through on it).

Cheers,

Jelmer