(fwd) "real life social networks"

http://www.slideshare.net/padday/the-real-life-social-network-v2

This has some interesting design advice on dealing with social
features (broadly defined), some of which touch on Launchpad aspects
such as identity, trust and credit.  It's just kind of generally
interesting but as I read through it, it reminded me of some aspects
of Launchpad, even if Launchpad is not primarily a social network
site.  In particular the discussion of trust is somewhat similar to
the issues in <https://dev.launchpad.net/LEP/TrustedPickers>, and
others like:

 * is it reasonably safe to install this ppa?
 * do I really want to subscribe this person to a private bug?
 * do this person's justify giving them core-dev (or other) access?
 * was that surprising comment on a bug well founded or just random?

Martin