Re: Critical bugs over a month old still critical?

On 11-08-19 07:40 AM, Gavin Panella wrote:
> The Red Squad is going to be coming off a long hard feature cycle
> soon. I'm looking forward to maintenance, because I want to have time
> for longpoll and the SOA stuff. However, the Critical bug list is
> huge, and I have a sinking feeling that I won't have time for those
> things. I want to see if I can move the goalposts.

Off the bat: longpoll and the SOA stuff aren't maintenance-related
tasks. Fortunately for you, we decided that the Red squad should finish
off the started longpoll project before moving to maintenance. So you
should be able to finish this off before moving on to fixing critical bugs.

On to your original question though, my answer is 'yes', they are still
'Critical'. The time it takes to fix issue isn't related to their
priority. The fact that we cannot close all our "critical" issues in a
month doesn't make them less of a priority.

One source of confusion here is the "critical" name. Think of it as
'Work-on-first' bucket which is what they are about.

"Critical" as in "must be fixed now" is tracked via incident report.
Those are our current burning issues.

The "Bucket 1" bugs are all stuff that can turn into an incident report
overnight given the right circumstances (modulo the stakeholders bug).

Cheers.

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx