Re: fastdowntime db deployment update

Hi Stuart,

That's excellent news! I'm looking forward to tomorrow first fastdowntime.

On 11-09-08 10:48 AM, Stuart Bishop wrote:
> Hi.

[...]

> The trial tells us that the process seems solid enough, and that our
> overhead for applying database patches is about 2 minutes and 12
> seconds. The most significant optimization we can make to reduce this
> overhead is to switch to Slony-I 2.0 (we are currently running 1.2,
> but U1 is already running 2.0 happily).

Besides testing on staging, anything you can think of blocking this?

> We are scheduled for a real run 2011-09-09 08:30 UTC, applying our
> backlog of database patches. The outage should be well within our 5
> minute window. It is not yet known which parts of soyuz will be kept
> live during the update, and which fragile parts will be shutdown for a
> longer period.

I thought we were going to apply one patch per fastdowntime session, in
order to minimize risk? Is that still the plan? Or are we applying all
pending patches in one go?

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx