reminder - sequencing of model & schema patches

Hi,
   we just had to rollback 10978 (a schema patch dropping a column)
from devel because it was going to cause failures *on deployment* (vs
in buildbot).

The reason it passes buildbot is that the python model removal patch
it depends upon is in stable and thus in db-devel, but being in stable
isn't sufficient: all *deployments* that depend on that model code (in
this case oops-prune) have to have that new revision *deployed* before
its safe to land in db-devel.

This is a little tricky at the moment with some services not being in
the nodowntime set : there are RT tickets and bugs for all such
services and we're making continual progress on them.

At this point we don't have an concrete plans for automated warnings
around this (though its a fascinating problem to think about).

So this is just a gentle reminder:

To land a schema change in db-devel, any dependent python changes must
be *DEPLOYED* to all services that execute the changed code. Not
landed. Deployed.

That is all :)

-Rob

Follow ups