Re: reminder - sequencing of model & schema patches

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 7:47 AM, Robert Collins
<robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> To land a schema change in db-devel, any dependent python changes must
> be *DEPLOYED* to all services that execute the changed code. Not
> landed. Deployed.

I think we are going to need a better way to track this. Its bad to
let branches linger in either the pre-MP or post-MP stages as they
lose their way for a variety of reasons. Or worse, get landed by
someone like me who is not aware of the dependencies. And of course,
there will be mistakes where a service assumed updated was not updated
because of cowboyed patches or similar.

Perhaps we will only deploy a db-devel release when we know its
corresponding stable revision has been deployed everywhere? This could
be flagged in the deployment report, assuming we have some easy way of
knowing what revision is deployed where (we need this bit anyway, and
have it in a somewhat unreadable format).

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/