Re: Updated policy around cronspam, oops reporting etc

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 6:08 PM, Danilo Šegan <danilo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> У чет, 15. 09 2011. у 13:49 +1200, Robert Collins пише:
>>
>> Warnings and above do cause OOPSes, yes. I believe thats in our
>> in-tree docs; but short of reading the whole tree new or casual
>> developers won't know such things. We depend on our reviewers to
>> notice :)
>
> Do warnings really cause OOPSes?  I thought they just triggered
> script-monitor to send emails to our launchpad-error-reports, whereas
> INFO and DEBUG didn't?

I thought that they generated a soft OOPS, but I can't find code that
makes that distinction and think they are all hard OOPSes.

The handler is installed in lp/services/scripts/base.py:

        # WARN and higher log messages should generate OOPS reports.
        # self.name is used instead of the name argument, since it may have
        # have been overridden by command-line parameters or by
        # overriding the name property.
        logging.getLogger().addHandler(OopsHandler(self.name))

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/