Re: performance tuesday: better batches are -go-

On Wednesday 21 September 2011 09:23:17 Jeroen Vermeulen wrote:
> On 2011-09-21 05:23, Robert Collins wrote:
> > https://code.launchpad.net/~adeuring/launchpad/bug-739052-9/+merge/76241
> >
> > That is all.
>
> What does this mean?  What does the "better" refer to?  I read the MP
> and the relevant change seems to be that you replaced ListRangeFactory
> with StormRangeFactory.  But the reason for that change is not
> explained, so now I have to find out or more or accept that I wasted my
> time trying to decypher your email.  :)

I had the same reaction so I just did a search in the dev wiki for
StormRangeFactory, but it came up empty.

It would be super useful if you could document this there, with an example,
and it'll lower the entry barrier and hopefully encourage people to use it.

Cheers.