Re: DB process change: new users must be set up on production before landing

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 10:50 PM, Julian Edwards
<julian.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Was this change discussed with the TA or anyone else?

Yah, with me. Like all such things, if its a bad idea we can change it.

However, adding new DB users is time consuming, and we've had to delay
rollouts twice now because of new DB users : we have a critical
section around deploys once something lands in trunk, so it seems
better to avoid potentially blocking things being in that section
where we can easily do so. (And its straight forward to file an RT and
get users added).

Lastly there is a High bug noting that this is an issue for us and we
should do something about it.

I hope that makes sense.

-Rob