Re: Launchpad Results part of the Launchpad Suite

* Robert Collins <robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2011-10-06 08:50 +1300]:
> On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 8:35 AM, Gary Poster <gary.poster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi Marc.  Thank you for this clarification.
> >
> > We have clear guidelines for "critical," but "high" means "we plan
> > to tackle this in six months."  We can't know your intent. Would you
> > like  us to simply file bugs either as "critical" or "low"?
> >
> > (It won't even always be clear to us when something is a regression,
> > and so critical, but I'm willing to give a stab at that.)
>
> My 2c: if something sounds pretty important, mark it high - like in LP
> components, we just make our best guess, and folk working the queue
> can downgrade if appropriate. (e.g. 'don't stress')

I'm quite comfortable with the definitions for "critical" and "high",
as defined above (same as in the BugTriage rules). In practice, I think
that "in six months" might be a bit too conservative for a less mature
project but the definition still works well enough.

As for making important bugs as "critical" (gary) or "high" (lifeless),
I'm easy either way. I would lean towards adopting the same guidelines
as for Launchpad itself or Launchpad components; I have to admit I wasn't
aware there was such a distinction. I'm sure Launchpad Results will adjust
nicely and benefit in the long term.

--
Marc Tardif <marc.tardif@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Freenode: cr3, Jabber: cr3@xxxxxxxxxx