What our Twitter followers want from Launchpad

I asked on Twitter and identi.ca:

  If you could add one thing to Launchpad, what would it be?

Here's what people said in reply:

  git support

  Ability to search PPAs for the version of the app you're after and
for it to know what version of Ubuntu you're using.

  per-user statistics with bugs assigned, fixed, commented, changed over time

  a new status for bugs between the in progress and fix committed, for
when you fixed the bug and waiting for merge...

  better multiple merge support for the same branch (when you ask for
merge the same branch more times in different periods).

  support native git repositories

  make translations of qt based projects easier

  make tarmac available as part of launchpad. Would be great for lots
of projects.

  The one new thing that I think would most improve developer
productivity: graphs of bug reports by status over time.

  git.

  And add a field "this bug has been confirmed, don't comment just to
say ME TOO"

  Counting people affected by a duplicate bug also affected by the main bug.

  How about Pink Unicorns? ;)

  Git.

This sort of thing is interesting as a way to throw up things we might
need to research further.

--
Matthew Revell
Launchpad Product Manager