Re: Bug tagging

У сре, 05. 10 2011. у 11:02 -0400, curtis Hovey пише:
> Prefixes are unneeded, search support all or any tags.

But that provides no useful hierarchy between tags.  If I just typed
"code-" to get all code-hosting related tags, they might speak out at
me.  A tag like "branch-merge-proposals" wouldn't have the same effect:
without keeping all the tags in one's head, you don't know how specific
a tag might be ("ok, this is a problem with diff updating on the branch
merge proposal page: do I look for diff generation tags, merge proposal
tags, code hosting tags...?").

Maybe that's a moot point (tags are not, by nature, hierarchical), but
hierarchy is easier for people to fathom when they have to deal with it
day-in, day-out, compared to a long flat list.

OTOH, this could make tag spellings longer than they have to be.

Cheers,
Danilo